Moorebank Intermodal Terminal
The Moorebank Intermodal in Sydney’s southwest is an Australian Government and private sector project that will provide a cornerstone development of the nation’s import-export and interstate freight network. In line with the Department of Planning and Environment determination process, extensive community consultation was required.
We were appointed to provide government relations, issues management, corporate communications and community consultation support to senior and executive management over a four-year period; helping Moorebank Intermodal Company Limited (MICL) to publicly navigate the determination process. This included supporting the public consultation, strategic stakeholder relations, community engagement and issues management.
- Momentum was built for a positive conclusion to the Moorebank project. Following the successful execution of our strategy, the following environmental planning approvals have been received to date:
- NSW Planning Assessment Commission.
- SIMTA Intermodal Facility Concept Plan (29 September 2014) for development on the Qube-owned land on the east side of Moorebank Avenue.
- MIC Intermodal Facility Concept Plan and Early Works Stage 1 (3 June 2016) for development on the Commonwealth-owned land on the west side of Moorebank Avenue.
- Commonwealth Department of Environment.
- SIMTA Commonwealth determination (6 March 2014) for development on the Qube-owned land on the east side of Moorebank Avenue.